Bettie Page is one of the reasons I can wear bikinis, short skirts and freely discuss my female orgasm.
Bettie Page (she died Thursday) was a pioneer of America's sexual revolution. In the 50's, Bettie subverted many sexual taboos. She brought what had been 'fringe' to the mainstream by posing as both wholesome and sensual.
Embodying many disparate feminist ideals, she also courted controversy with her willingness to exploit her body for money and power. Bettie's image ran the spectrum. In bikinis, in bondage or simply nude, her work changed the way society perceived women.
She shaped what sexy meant to males across generations. From the clothing she wore to the poses she choreographed, Bettie Page was and will continue to be...sexy. The following video is a studied tutorial from the UK's Ministry of Burlesque on the art of Bettie's Pin-up Pose. Photos by Bunny Yeager, courtesy of Los Angeles Times via CMG Worldwide.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades